About Peter Thompson
“I feel truly passionate about healing, in all its forms, and very blessed to enjoy such fascinating and rewarding work”
Peter originally trained and qualified in Youth and Community work. This background in counselling and psychology proved to be helpful in his therapeutic work. When he is asked to treat children and young people he works with a sense of fun and informality. He enjoys good rapport and finds it very rewarding.
Peter first experienced acupuncture when he had treatment for low energy levels and stress following some accidents and injuries. Treatment helped his recovery. His spirit and energy levels improved in away that his friends noticed and he became more relaxed. He was hooked and the rest as they say is history as he went on to train as an acupuncturist and in other forms of healing.
Over the past 25 years Peter has continually trained and developed his practice. His 3 main areas of study have broadened and deepened his knowledge and skills. Peter finds these very practical skills work well together or individually.
In his spare time he loves to connect with nature; walking in mountains, canoeing, sailing or watching wildlife. These activities along with Yoga and Meditation sustain him and assist him in his work.
Peter offers both 5 element style and Traditional Chinese Medicine; two of the most established styles of Acupuncture in this country.
Training and Qualifications - A brief summary
- 1983 Dip HE in Youth and Community Work with a useful grounding in psychology and counselling
- 1990 Qualified in 5 Element Acupuncture at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa. (3 years)
- 1991 Various modules on advanced training at Leamington Spa
- 1994 Qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine of Reading (2 years)
- 1998 Qualified in Zero Balancing (Structural Acupressure) with Dr Fritz Smith, plus annual training with him.
- 1991 Training in Remedial Massage
- 2004 Qualified Masseur (International Institute of Health and Holistic Therapies)
- 2014 Much of Peters training has been on going e.g. his last Major workshop in Zero Balancing was July 2014
Continuous Professional Development is a requirement of membership of The British Acupuncture Council